Continuing to develop the experience of cinematic international events, the Association Russian House in Catalonia in cooperation with the travel agency Novovira initiated new to Catalonia a film festival dedicated to the topic of tourism.
The first Film Festival dedicated to tourism “The World of Travel” started in June 2012 in a very popular resort Lloret del Mar with the assistance/ support of The City Hall and Tourism of Catalonia. During the festival week there were presentations and screenings of different format films in various genres united by a valuable contribution which each of them made in arousing interest in some country and promoting a certain holiday destination.
Not only professionals but also amateurs including tourists had a good chance to display their craftsmanship.
V INTERNATIONAL TOURISM FILM FESTIVAL “THE WORLD OF TRAVEL”
IN LLORET DE MAR, COSTA BRAVA
Main goals and objectives of the festival are:
- creating interest in visiting historical and cultural sights of the various countries of the world
- creating additional prerequisites for travelling around Spain and Catalonia
- drawing attention to the national and global problems touching upon the development of the tourist industry
- developing interest in little-known regions and remote corners of our planet
- keeping cultural and historical legacy alive as well as art, traditions and folklore including monuments of material and artistic value in Europe and around the world
- developing new tourist regions, routes, travels and tourist attractions;
- promoting tourism among a general population by bringing their attention to participate in development, promotion and preserving of tourist attractions
The participants of the festival:The festival allows:
- professionals and amateurs aged 10 to 18 (junior category), aged 19 to 80 (adult category)
- film studios and photographic studios, as well as animation studios
- schools and creative associations/production groups
- cultural associations and offices of tourism
- advertising agencies
The genres and forms of participation:
- documentary shorts and feature-length documentary films
- short story films and feature story films
- animated cartoons
- promotional videos
- slide show (photography)
- the films made with mobile phone and photo camera
On the programme:
- opening and closing ceremonies of the festival, gala event with awards ceremony including prizes and diplomas from the City Hall
- days of the countries participating in the festival (Catalonia, Spain, Russia, Ukraine, Kazakhstan) and the Day of Europe
- meetings and experience exchange between the participants in creative workshops and breakup groups
- an exhibition devoted to the contribution of cinema in development of tourism
- visiting the most beautiful sights of Catalonia within the 7-day programme, as well as Nice, San Remo, Monte-Carlo (within the two-week program)
- a walking tour around Lloret del Mar including the Maritime Museum, the unique Cat´s House Museum, the notorious Santa Clotilde gardens in the style of the Italian Renaissance, as well as a variety of cheese, sausage, olive, anchovy, chocolate and wine tasting
- a city sightseeing tour “cinematographic Barcelona” which includes the most popular architectural monuments of Antoni Gaudi and visiting those corners of the city which appeared in the world famous films "Vicki, Christina, Barcelona", "All about My Mother", "Perfume: The Story of a Murderer" and others
- an additional cultural and sightseeing programme dedicated to a film world and the most interesting tourist corners of Catalonia and France
- "Film show" – a competition of amateur films on the topic "Impressions about Lloret De Mar" (4 minutes)
- a competition of short films on tourism (the maximum duration is 15 minutes)
- a competition of promotional videos on tourism (the maximum duration is 2 minutes)
- a competition of feature films on tourism (the maximum duration is 2 hours)
Conditions of Participation:The number of participants isn’t limited.
Junior category - from 10 to 19 years old
Adult category – from 19 to 80 years old
- The film competition can accept up to 2 pieces of work.
- Within the film festival, screenings are available throughout the city at designated locations.
- All participants are given an opportunity to give a short presentation of their film or to address the audience.
- The films have to meet the standards of universal culture.
- You must provide at least 2 copies of your film with separately written subtitles in Russian, English or Spanish in the terms specified by the Festival Organizing Committee.
- The Festival Organising Committee has the right to exclude films deemed inappropriate within the scope of the festival, also films which offend traditions and customs of the hosting country.
- The participant of the festival has the right to use attributes of sponsors, emblems, flags and the coats of arms of cities.
- The participants of the competition "Film show", "Impressions about Lloret de Mar" work on the given topic directly during the festival. In this competition there are three modes of recording to choose from: video camera, camera or mobile phone.
For application forms click here
Festival requirements for participation:
- the application for participation must be sent by September 12, 2015. All applications must contain title, genre, duration, perspective and the date of film release. The participants are also to provide a copy of the film or a link to it. In case of participation in the competition "Film show" – you must provide unedited material during the period September 20 to September 25, 2015
- applicants must provide a short profile about the film director, cast and other participants of the film (crew, cast)
- to provide information about the concept and goals of the film
- in case of presence at the festival state the name, surname and passport details of the representative, and also terms of accommodation in a hotel for the period of the festival
- to prepare souvenirs from the cities
- to take part in all obligatory events (meetings, soirées, film screenings, exhibitions and others) carried out by the Festival Organising Committee
- Special prizes and cups are awarded for the first and second places in all presented nominations.
- Winners receive diplomas from City Hall and memorable gifts in the various nominations.
- All participants of the festival are presented with letters of thanks from City Hall and The Festival Organizing Committee.
- The prize from Novovira travel agency is a four-day trip to Madrid (3 nights in a three star hotel including breakfast, transfers and the Blitz Madrid sightseeing program).
- The award for contribution to tourism from the City Hall administration of Lloret de Mar.
- A special award by The Jury and Festival Organising Committee.
- People’s Choice Award.
- FOR the HIGHEST CONTRIBUTION TO DEVELOPMENT of TOURISM GRAN PRIX and a monetary award of 1000 Euros (except for the participants of the competition "Film show") is AWARDED
- For contestants "Film show" the following prizes are awarded: 1st place - a video camera, 2nd place - a camera, 3rd place - a mobile phone.
THE ORGANISERS OF THE FESTIVAL GUARANTEE:
- accommodation in a 3 or 4 star hotel
- 7 nights at a hotel, 7 breakfasts, 7 lunches or dinners
- transfer: airport-hotel-airport
- film screenings, thematic soirées including in Barcelona
- sightseeing tours according to the program, additional excursions are at extra cost
- festival advertising on radio and television
- posters and booklets
- a 2 week stay is possible (7 festival days and one week of travel)
THE ORGANISERS OF FESTIVALS IN SPAIN:
For applications to the festival, providing video films and general questions. For all countries and nationalities.
c/ Diputacion 168, 08011 Barcelona,
tel. (34)934539225, (34)934539225 (18 lines), fax 934512977
Russian House in Catalonia
c/San Albert 10, 17310, Lloret de Mar
tel. (34) 649904129, 972366266, 972361572, fax 972368536
The partners of the Film festival “The World of Travel”
For applications to the festival, providing video films and general questions. For countries listed below.
ТУРОПЕРАТОР PREMIUM TRAVEL
050000 Republic of Kazakhstan, city of Almaty, Zheltoksan Ave., 164/66.
Telephone: +7 (727) 390-98-71, ext. 113.
For more information visit a company site
TOUR OPERATOR АРТЕКС - 94
Ukraine, 01021, Kiev, Grushevsky St., 28/2, office 54. (metro station) "Arsenalnaya"
Phone number (044) 253-000-9 (multichannel);
Mobile phone number (050) 357 - 71 - 51; (050) 357- 71- 56; (050) 357- 97- 30
For more information visit a company site
PAC GROUP Company
Lubyansky proezd, 21-5 Moscow, 101000
tel.: +7 495 933 0950, ext. 329
fax: +7 495 933 0952
For more information visit a company site